[mou] Hedbom Rd Great Grays

Kim R Eckert kreckert@cpinternet.com
Sun, 21 Jan 2007 21:23:43 -0600

To supplement Mike's earlier posting, my group saw a total of 4 Great
Gray Owls on Hedbom Rd this morning, even though we didn't arrive there
until about 9 am. Today's light snow and overcast were certainly
conducive to keeping the owls active long after sunrise:

- 2.6 mi W of east gate/Hedbom Forest Rd sign (still hunting at noon;
same owl seen by Mike earlier at 2.2 mi)
- 4.2 mi W of               "               "               "
- 5.1 mi W of               "               "               "       (2
individuals, probably a mated pair)

In recent weeks, various observers have also seen a Great Gray ~6.5 W
of the gate/sign, which we did not see. If still present, this would
make at least 5 individuals along this 4-mile stretch of road.

- Kim Eckert