[mou] Woodpeckers, GGOwl, Horned Grebes. others

JELLISBIRD@aol.com JELLISBIRD@aol.com
Tue, 23 Jan 2007 06:20:47 EST

    Did a weekend North- had a 3-toed on Blue Spruce .4 mile N of 133 and
another with a Black-Backed .4 miles N of 133 again on Blue Spruce. Had another
3-Toed in the NE quadrant of the intersection where Overton meets Owl avenue
from the west. Those were on Saturday PM. On Sunday, coming back from Silver Bay
there were a flock of 10 Horned Grebes in Winter plumage off of Flood Bay
rest stop. I don't know if they are late, early, overwintering, or just tourists.
Had a GGOwl .2 miles E of the Hebron Cemetary along Aitkin County 18 at dusk.
Despite looking for owls it was a total accident as I flushed it from
slightly into the woods on the N side as I pulled in to the shoulder as I was turning
around. Lots of great birds around.

    John Ellis- St. Paul