[mou] Hedbom question; Sherburne NWR area

Pastor Al Schirmacher PastorAl@PrincetonFreeChurch.net
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:38:32 -0600

RFI - May head up to Hedbom Forest Road tomorrow AM, but my four wheel drive
is in the shop.  What is the current condition of the road?  Thanks for any
help provided!

Birded portions of Sherburne Refuge area & Ann Lake this morning -
highlights were a Great Blue Heron in the open marsh near the intersection
of  CR 1 & 87 (my first of the winter in the area, wonder where it's been
hiding?) and a possible calling fly over of the Townsend's Solitaire at Ann
Lake (basically a heard only bird, only the shortest of looks - Purple
Finches sound very similar to my ear - have not had it there since late
November - will advise if definitive sighting develops).  Common bird
activity in the refuge area was much stronger today than it has been in
weeks.

However, missed the Short-eared Owls on CR 5 & 9 for the seventh consecutive
occasion (dusk & dawn) - if you need for the year, head to Carlos Avery!

Good birding to all.

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN
Mille Lacs & Sherburne Counties