[mou] GHO on nest

Hagsela@aol.com Hagsela@aol.com
Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:40:34 EST

--part1_cb2.cf11928.33248de2_boundary

The Great Horned Owl nest on 180th St. just east of Fisher Av. in Dakota
County has returned.   Stop halfway down the hill by a small grouping of shrubs on
the left (north) side of 180th.   Get the scope out to see the owl, but you
can see the nest with the naked eye.   Looking across the field (again, to the
north of 180th) you'll see a 'cut' through two groups of trees.   The nest is
in the left hand group of trees, towards the right edge.   Last year mama had
two owlets.   I'm anxious to see this year's babies!

We also stopped at the part of Spring Lake Park that's off Pine Bend Road and
hiked the trail marked 'Trail to the River' to look for early water bird
migrants.   We were rewarded with nice looks at Redheads, Canvasback, a pair of
American Wigeons, a Northern Shoveler drake, Gadwall, Lesser Scaup and the usual
over-wintering ducks.   No geese other than Canada.

We made a couple of passes along Dakota Cty. 42 north of Hwy 55 and saw
fields of fowl to feast upon, ... but no Gyrfalcon.

Linda Sparling
Hennepin Av.

**************************************
 AOL now offers free email
to everyone.  Find out more about what's free from AOL at http://www.aol.com.

--part1_cb2.cf11928.33248de2_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Gen=
eva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2">The Great Horned Owl nest on 180th St.=20=
just east of Fisher Av. in Dakota County has returned.&nbsp;  Stop halfway d=
own the hill by a small grouping of shrubs on the left (north) side of 180th=
.&nbsp;  Get the scope out to see the owl, but you can see the nest with the=
 naked eye.&nbsp;  Looking across the field (again, to the north of 180th) y=
ou'll see a 'cut' through two groups of trees.&nbsp;  The nest is in the lef=
t hand group of trees, towards the right edge.&nbsp;  Last year mama had two=
 owlets.&nbsp;  I'm anxious to see this year's babies!<BR>
<BR>
We also stopped at the part of Spring Lake Park that's off Pine Bend Road an=
d hiked the trail marked 'Trail to the River' to look for early water bird m=
igrants.&nbsp;  We were rewarded with nice looks at Redheads, Canvasback, a=20=
pair of American Wigeons, a Northern Shoveler drake, Gadwall, Lesser Scaup a=
nd the usual over-wintering ducks.&nbsp;  No geese other than Canada.<BR>
<BR>
We made a couple of passes along Dakota Cty. 42 north of Hwy 55 and saw fiel=
ds of fowl to feast upon, ... but no Gyrfalcon.<BR>
<BR>
Linda Sparling<BR>
Hennepin Av.</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSER=
***<BR> AOL now offers free email to everyone.  Find out more about what's f=