[mou] birding central Minnesota

Steve Weston sweston2@comcast.net
Sun, 18 Mar 2007 01:19:03 -0500

drove this afternoon (Saturday) out to Wilmar and back to the cities.   As I
drove out Highway 7, I found a flock of blackbirds including Grackles in
Carver County.  I found one other small flock of Redwing Blackbirds in
Kandiyohi County.  There was little else to be seen.  I picked up something
in Wilmar and almost immediately headed back on Highway 12.  I almost
immediately began to find blackbirds, finding a nice flock of Red-wings near
Atwood.  After that I found lots of small groups of Grackles and other
blackbirds in the tree tops and noticed almost every wetland of any size had
one or two Red-wings on territiory.  The demands of my job did not allow me
to check out any of the blackbird flocks for additional stray species.  I
also found a Bald Eagle by a nest just west of Waverly.

sweston2@comcast.net