[mou] MVNWR - Waterfowl ID HIke - 3/24/2007

CRAIG MANDEL EgretCMan@msn.com
Sat, 24 Mar 2007 23:28:59 -0500

March 24, 2007

Enjoyed a nice walk at the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge today.
The group I was leading met at the Old Cedar Avenue bridge at 3:00 pm and
then headed East over to the Bass Ponds.  We enjoyed some nice looks at the
Bald Eagle nest which can be observed from the parking lot at Old Cedar Ave.
Then we spent the next hour and a half studying the ducks on Long Meadow
Lake.  Here were a few of the species observed there today.

Eleven species of Ducks, including Wood Duck, Gadwall, Northern Shoveler,
Green-winged Teal, Ring-necked Duck and Lesser Scaup.
Wild Turkey
Belted Kingfisher
Tree Swallow

Craig Mandel, Minnetonka, MN