[mou] New Germany Water Conditions

Joel Claus jclaus13@msn.com
Sun, 25 Mar 2007 21:56:28 -0500

I was in the New Germany area this evening and checked out the area around
Crane Creek.  There is a lot of water in all the traditional areas.
Hopefully this will turn into good shorebirding in a few weeks if the water
levels drop.  Lots of scaup, ringnecks, and coots with a scattering of other
species at the pool that crosses Hwy 7.

At least 3 woodcock were displaying in Carver Park at the turnoff to the
Nature Center shortly after 8 PM this evening.  Didn't have much time to
enjoy them though before the Park Reserve police showed up and told me the
Park closed at sundown.

Joel Claus
Eden Prairie
Hennepin County