[mou] Downtown Minneapolis - the first yellow-rump of the year

Rob Daves rob_daves@yahoo.com
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:16:13 -0700 (PDT)

--0-379457352-1174940173=:79683

The noon run from the Stone Arch bridge and back turned up four Eastern Phoebes, two of which may have been the ones reported Bassett's Creek; there were two more on Nicollet Island where they have been in years past.  I also saw my first yellow-rumped warbler of the season on Nicollet Island.  Both are at least a week to 10 days earlier than they usually are.

  In addition to these jewels, there was a great blue heron on station just upstream of the Stone Arch Bridge, many Canada geese, mallards, ring-billed gulls and more than 100 American coot floating between the falls and Bassett's Creek.  The list for the day also included a red-tailed hawk soaring high over the city.

  Good birding to all.

  Rob

TV dinner still cooling?
--0-379457352-1174940173=:79683

<DIV>The noon run from the Stone Arch bridge and back turned up four Eastern Phoebes, two of which may have been the ones reported Bassett's Creek; there were two more on Nicollet Island where they have been in years past.&nbsp; I also saw my first yellow-rumped warbler of the season on Nicollet Island.&nbsp; Both are at least a week to 10 days earlier than they usually are.</DIV>  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>  <DIV>In addition to these jewels, there was a great blue heron on station just upstream of the Stone Arch Bridge, many Canada geese, mallards, ring-billed gulls and more than 100 American coot floating between the falls and Bassett's Creek.&nbsp; The list for the day also included a red-tailed hawk soaring high over the city.</DIV>  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>  <DIV>Good birding&nbsp;to all.</DIV>  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>  <DIV>Rob&nbsp;</DIV><p>&#32;

<hr size=1>TV dinner still cooling?<br><a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49979/*http://tv.yahoo.com/">Check out "Tonight's Picks"</a> on Yahoo! TV.
--0-379457352-1174940173=:79683--