[mou] Snowy Egret refound - Dakota County

Derek Bakken spottedtowhee@gmail.com
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 21:18:47 -0600

Hello,

I made a trip down to  Lake Byllesby to look for waterfowl, geese, and
the Snowy Egret.  On the way there I stopped at both the 140th and
180th street marshes.

140th:
Song Sparrows
Green-winged Teal
Killdeer
Gadwall
more....

180th:
Redhead
American Wigeon - 4
Pintail - 1 male
Blue-winged Teal
Green-winged Teal
Pair of Kestrels
Northern Harrier
Northern Flicker
more...

Lake Byllesby:
Greater White Fronted Geese - 20+
Snowy Egret
Greater Yellowlegs
Bufflehead
more....

The Snowy Egret was refound in the previous posted spot.  With help, I
found the right location and walked along the shoulder of the road
looking for the Egret.  I spooked it before I saw it and it flew across
Hwy 56 into a smaller pond.  I cross the road to try and find it.  I
was not able to see the bird so I walked down to the water and sat down
to wait.  A few minutes later, it walked out from behind some heavy
cover and was only about 10 feet away.  After about 20-30 minutes of
watching walk around, it decided that its options were better back on
the west side of 56 and flew back.

Got some nice pictures......

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dobak/435850168/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dobak/435850188/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dobak/435850160/

Thanks to everyone who posted and to everyone who helped me find the
right spot.

-Derek Bakken