[mou] Nelson's Sharp-tailed Sparrow-Purgatory Creek, Eden Prairie, Henn. Cty

John Cyrus cyrus150 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 16 15:23:44 CDT 2008

A Nelson's Sharp-tailed Sparrow was in the reeds on the southeast side of the Purgatory Creek wetlands(as the creek exits the wetlands towards Staring Lake).  I visually id'd him by his  gray median crown stripe.  When I observed him he only made a few chips at me, but when I walked near the area on my way to the blind, I heard a song I had never heard before.   I didn't think much of it at the time, until I saw him about 30 minutes later on my way back from the blind.   I got home and listened to the song and it was the song of the Nelson's Sharp-tailed that I had heard.    Of course, the one time I don't bring my camara with me,  I see this.    He was quite good with posing and he seemed rather curious.   Besides him, there was not much unusual from the blind.   A few Common Loons were in the water.  On the opposite side of the wetlands from the blind, there was a Common Tern.

John