[mou] Lark Bunting Not Refound

birder-birding5331@mailblocks.com birder-birding5331@mailblocks.com
Thu, 01 Jul 2004 09:55:50 -0700

I refound the Lark Bunting this morning in the same tree about 8:30 AM
and again at 9:15 AM. The first time I seen it, it just started to fly
 from its perch towards the road. The second time I seen it, it glided
into a corn field north of the path.
It sang at the second sighting. Its song goes something like this: "chi
chi - chi chi chi - ti ti ti ti t" (the dashes are pauses).

Nathan Wersal
Springfield
Brown County

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Smith <brsmith@sleepyeyetel.net>
To: MOU <mou-net@cbs.umn.edu>
Sent: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:40:27 -0500
Subject: [mou] Lark Bunting Not Refound

I looked for the reported Lark Bunting yesterday for about 45 minutes
late afternoon with no success. I went back again today from 4:30 -
5:10 pm, again with no success. I ran into John Ellis and we looked
together. John was able to stay longer than I was and he said that he'd
continue to search for at least another hour. He also said that if he
was able to find the bird he'd get the word out ASAP. I did see a
Brewer's Blackbird on a fencepost along Hwy. 14 on the ride home.

Brian Smith
Sleepy Eye

Mailblocks - A Better Way to Do Email
http://about.mailblocks.com/info