[mou] Swift behavior

Alt, Mark Mark.Alt@bestbuy.com
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 11:03:29 -0500

Two of my most trusted advisors on things avian, Bob Holtz and Jim
Williams made the same comments about my observations of Chimney Swift
behavior - the Swifts are collecting small twigs to build new nests.
The following link is interesting for its content, and details the
bird's natural; history and how to construct swift nesting habitat.  It
also talks of Swifts not being found west of the Mississippi in days of
yore. Please respond to me if anyone has info on the relative abundance
of these birds in MN recorded history. =20

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/nature/birding/chimneyswift/chimneyswift-ind
ex.htm

Mark Alt
Manager of Project Management