[mou] Summer Tanager - Dakota Co.

James Mattsson mattjim at earthlink.net
Thu May 3 16:25:24 EDT 2007

5/3/07
10:30pm
Spring Lake Regional Park, near Hastings

A silent male was foraging about 30 m into the woods NNE of parking lot located on Fahey Ave, just north of Pind Bend Trail. Fahey is just east of intersection of Hi 55 and CR 42, then north about 1 mile. The bird was below mid-canopy when I spotted it. I soon lost sight of it and searched unsuccessfully for about 20 mins. The all red head, laarge bone-colored tanager-shaped bill and dusky red wing was seen clearly.

James Mattsson
mattjim at earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.