[mou] Northern Waterthrush in Minneapolis

Rob Daves rob_daves at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 17:06:55 EDT 2007

On my noon run that takes me along the river in downtown Minneapolis, there were the usual returning species that we've heard about so far -- Northern Rough-winged and Tree Swallows, Eastern Phoebes, Chipping and Song Sparrows and many others.  The Double-crested Cormorants have returned to their fishing and wing-drying spot just below the Stone Arch Bridge.  But the highlight of the day for me was a Northern Waterthrush probing the sand where the river lapped the back of Nicollet Island, just east (south) of the bridge over to Boom Island Park.

  Good birding to all.

  Rob Daves
  Minneapolis