[mou] Bell's Vireo still present, Le Sueur County

rdunlap at gac.edu rdunlap at gac.edu
Mon May 21 10:39:01 CDT 2007

The Bell's Vireo found at Kasota Prairie yesterday by Conny and Susan
was still present this morning as of 10:00. It looks like decent
Bell's breeding habitat to the north of the parking lot from where it
was singing. Let's see if it sticks around this summer. Thanks Conny
and Susan for finding it before I leave St. Peter!

Also of note were two more non-Garter snakes at Kasota Prairie. The
first was what I'm pretty sure was a Fox Snake...I have photos and
video for anyone interested. It was about four feet in length. The
second was another Racer, but this one was only about 2.5 feet in
length, so smaller than the one I found here a few weeks ago. This
snake quickly slithered off the road so I was unable to photograph it.

Bob Dunlap, in Nicollet County until Tuesday