[mou] Short-eared Owl in Renville County

drbop at att.blackberry.net drbop at att.blackberry.net
Sat Apr 5 00:01:04 CDT 2008

I observed a Short-eared Owl at 8PM on Friday at Dybsand WMA in Renville County.  From the town of Renville go west about 3 miles to a gravel road marked 810 Ave & go south 2 miles to another gravel road marked 200 St.   There is a WPA followed by the WMA as you go west.  I also observed 2 Great-horned Owls mating in a distant large tree at the NW corner of that intersection. Before that I heard a Sandhill Crane calling from the wetlands a mile or 2 further west and I saw a flock of about 30 Greater White-fronted Geese further west at Co. Rd. 10.
Bob Williams, Bloomington
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T