[mou] "Hawk Ridge" style birding today..

birderguy birderguy at comcast.net
Mon Apr 14 19:20:56 CDT 2008

Well on these nice days right when I get home from work I grab the chair and hit the
driveway and start looking up..  Today I had a kettle of 6-7 adult Red-tailed Hawks with
about 3 Shins,  later at least two more Shins fly over, 1 Turkey Vulture, and I had one
Cooper's Hawk down low chasing the Grackles around.. More of these were a mile high in
clear blue sky, if it wasn't for my HR experience you would have NEVER spotted them..
This was just from about 17:15 to 18:00 tonight..

In the last few days I've had about 4 Coop's go by my yard on their way north..

Also I had a female Northern Harrier working the open field on Co. Rd. 101 just north of
Hwy 55 on the undeveloped east side of the road just past the curve..

--
Andrew Longtin
Corcoran (Hennepin Co.) Minnesota
Email: BirderGuy at comcast.net