[mou] White-eyed VIreo, Scott Cty., present 7/28

James Mattsson mattjim at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 28 16:09:01 CDT 2008

THIS IS A RARE BIRD THAT IS ON TERRITORY WHERE MANY BIRDERS HAVE A CHANCE TO HEAR AND SEE IT !!!!   TAPES SHOULD NOT BE USED "SPARINGLY" OR ANY OTHER WAY !! TAPES CAN ONLY BE HARMFUL TO THE BIRD WHICH MIGHT BE MATED (PREDATION, ENERGY USED TO DEFEND AGAINST NON-EXISTENT NEIGHBORS, ETC), AND MAY PRECLUDE OTHER BIRDERS FROM SEEING/HEARING THE BIRD.

THIS IS WHY I NO LONGER POST BIRDS I FIND THAT I FEEL THAT ARE SUSCEPTIBLE TO TAPE PLAYING.

HERE IS THE COMPLETE ABA CODE OF ETHICS.

http://www.americanbirding.org/abaethics.htm

Jim