[mou] WESTERN TANAGER AT LAKE VADNAIS

Gail Wieberdink wieber64 at comcast.net
Fri May 16 11:14:10 CDT 2008

We found a western tanager at Lake Vadnais, Ramsey County this morning.  The
bird was in the trees along the lake at the very end of the road though Lake
Vadnais.  It was in the old larger willow trees and then flew across into
the junipers and pines.  Once it flew into the pines, we did not see it
again but we didn't stay there a long time.  I will post 2 photos -- not the
best, but didn't want to spook the bird.  The photos show clearly what it
is, though.

We also saw an orchard oriole just past the point in the small trees along
the lake.  Not a lot of warblers, still some magnolias there and lots of
palms, yellows, Wilson's, yellow rumps, etc.

Gail

Gail Wieberdink
wieber64 at comcast.net