[mou] Winter Wren/Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Hennepin Co.

connyb connyb@mycidco.com
Wed, 02 Apr 2003 17:13:46

Today was one of those days that good luck shone down on me like warm sunshine, and I was incredibly fortunate to be birding in the right spot at the right time!  All exhilarated from seeing the Barrow's Goldeneye, and it was only 2:30 I made one more stop on my way home to Veteran's Park in Richfield.  Within 15 minutes I saw a Winter Wren, 6 Ruby-crowned Kinglets, 15 Fox Sparrows, Eastern Phoebe, Golden-crowned Kinglet, and a Northern Flicker, White-throated Sparrow, and many Dark-eyed Junco's.

I'm to old to have this much fun all in one day, and will be walking on cloud 9 until the sun goes down!!!  Yes, migration and all the wonders it brings us, is finally here, and I've had a terrific day outside in it.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Cty
connyb@mycidco.com