[mou] Buff-breasted Sandpiper in Brown Co.

Brian Smith brsmith@sleepyeyetel.net
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 06:27:31 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C36163.F9816810

Hello:

The New Ulm Birders met at the Sleepy Eye sewage ponds Tuesday evening =
for a bird walk.  We were joined by Merrill and Karen Frydendall and =
their friend, Ruth, who came over from North Mankato.  The highlight of =
the evening, at least for me, was a Buff-breasted Sandpiper that =
appeared on the grass berm a short distance from the group and gave us =
all excellent looks at it.  Their were dozens of Greater and Lesser =
Yellowlegs, as well as Least and Pectoral Sandpipers scattered all along =
the shoreline of the lagoons.  Various species of Swallows are flocking =
up (Bank, Tree, Cliff and Barn) and were found flying all over the =
lagoons.  The group also found Canada Goose, Blue-winged Teal, Mallard, =
Wood Duck & Northern Shovelers.  The weather was ideal and we had a very =
enjoyable evening.

Brian Smith
Sleepy Eye

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C36163.F9816810

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The New Ulm Birders met at the Sleepy =
Eye sewage=20
ponds&nbsp;Tuesday evening for a bird walk.&nbsp; We were joined by =
Merrill and=20
Karen Frydendall and their friend, Ruth, who came over from North =
Mankato.&nbsp;=20
The highlight of the evening, at least for me, was a =
<STRONG>Buff-breasted=20
Sandpiper</STRONG> that appeared on the grass berm a short distance from =
the=20
group and gave us all excellent looks at it.&nbsp; Their were dozens of =
Greater=20
and Lesser Yellowlegs, as well as Least and Pectoral Sandpipers =
scattered all=20
along the shoreline of the lagoons.&nbsp;&nbsp;Various species of =
Swallows=20
are&nbsp;flocking up&nbsp;(Bank, Tree, Cliff and Barn) and were found =
flying all=20
over the lagoons.&nbsp;&nbsp;The group also&nbsp;found Canada=20
Goose,&nbsp;Blue-winged Teal, Mallard, Wood Duck &amp; Northern =
Shovelers.&nbsp;=20
The weather was ideal and we had a very enjoyable evening.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Brian Smith</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Sleepy Eye</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C36163.F9816810--