[mou] Redpolls

Karen Sussman ksussman@lcp2.net
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 11:04:24 -0600

--Apple-Mail-4--856616165

Large flock of redpolls, perhaps 200+, found this morning at 0830 on St
Louis Cty road 65 in rural Bear River.  This is the 4th winter I have
found redpolls in this exact location.

This morning they were very skittish and flushed as my car approached.
The sky was dark with them, like a swarm of locusts.  I pursued them
down an adjacent road #532 for a short time but they disappeared into
the woods.  I  could not relocate them an hour later.

The area is located 1.4 miles n/nw from SLC road 25.  There is a bridge
over a small stream there with heavy thickets on both sides.  The birds
were on both sides of the road.  I had no time to look for hoaries
amongst them..

Also seen:
pine grosbeaks
gray jays
bald eagle (0.5m south Cty Rd 22 on Cty Rd 25, Angora)
3 timberwolves, one dark phase

The roads in this part of the county are very confusing as they are not
contiguous.  If you are interested in seeing these birds, please email
me for more precise directions.  AWD is nice, but not necessary.

[...]

email me for more precise directions.  AWD is nice, but not necessary.</fontfamily>

ksussman@lcp2.net</fontfamily>
--Apple-Mail-4--856616165--