[mou] Collared Dove

Blaine Avocet13@charter.net
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:46:03 -0500

Good Morning again,

 I returned to look for the bird again without luck. For about an hour
untill it started raining. However I really don't think it went far. This is
an area where it would be easy for it to hide.
 After reviewing my notes and consulting Sibley I'm sure it was a Collared
dove.
A couple of more note's as to the location.
 In my earlier post I ment in the dirt next to the road. It's not actually a
dirt road. Donwtown Farmington off of hyw 50. South side of hyw 50 there is
a burger king. South of the burger king at the south west corner of Oak st
and Second st there are the grain elevators marked P.H.Feely and sons. On
the east side are the grain spouts or fillers and that is where the bird
was.
 It flew towards the burger king. And after walking that way I found quite a
few feeders ( most of which were empty and not really the size good for a
dove however the neighbors told me they see doves all the time at there
feeders )behind the townhouses across from the Lamperts yard. There are
quite a few areas the bird could be right in the general area.
 I will post if refound..

 Good luck,
 Blaine seeliger
Avocet13@charter.net