[mou] American Avocets, Big Stone County

Bob Dunlap rmdbird@mn.rr.com
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 21:45:18 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C3383E.6857D3E0

Today Rick Hoyme and I birded Pope and Big Stone Counties.  We refound =
the Avocets in Big Stone County in two places: 2 were at a pothole on =
the west side of Cnty. Rd. 61 just south of Hwy. 28, and 2 more were at =
the pothole about 1.5 miles west of Cnty. Rd. 61 on the north side of =
Cnty. Rd. 54.
In southern Pope County, we were searching for the previously reported =
Snowy Egrets.  We looked at many potholes and marshes, but we never =
found them.  This part of the county has many wetlands, and the egrets =
could have easily been at one we didn't check or couldn't get to.  We =
searched the rookery on Lake Johanna for them without success, but did =
find quite a few Black-crowned Night-Herons roosting with the Great =
Egrets.
-Bob Dunlap, Carver County

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C3383E.6857D3E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Today Rick Hoyme and I birded Pope and =
Big Stone=20
Counties.&nbsp; We refound the Avocets in Big Stone County in two =
places: 2 were=20
at a pothole on the west side of Cnty. Rd. 61 just south of Hwy. 28, and =
2 more=20
were at the pothole about 1.5 miles west of Cnty. Rd. 61 on the north =
side of=20
Cnty. Rd. 54.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>In southern Pope County, we were =
searching for the=20
previously reported Snowy Egrets.&nbsp; We looked at many potholes and =
marshes,=20
but we never found them.&nbsp; This part of the county has many =
wetlands, and=20
the egrets could have easily been at one we didn't check or couldn't get =

to.&nbsp; We searched the rookery on Lake Johanna for them without =
success, but=20
did find quite a few Black-crowned Night-Herons roosting with the Great=20
Egrets.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-Bob Dunlap, Carver=20
County</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C3383E.6857D3E0--