[mou] Eurasian Collared-Dove/Grant Co.

Dan & Sandy Thimgan thimgan@digitaljam.com
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 13:35:22 -0600

A Eurasian Collared-Dove is being seen in the town of Herman in Grant
County in west-central Minnesota.  We first heard of the bird from
Steve Millard who saw it on Friday, Mar. 21.  We saw it Saturday
morning from 9:45 - 10:30.  It was vocalizing persistently which is how
we first glimpsed the bird.  It even gave us plenty of time to set up a
scope and digiscope a couple of shots.

During the time we saw the bird, it flew comfortably around the
neighborhood surrounding St. Charles Catholic Church on the corner of
south Berlin Avenue and Wells Street.  Steve suggested the bird likely
feeds at the nearby elevator complex where there is lots of feed on the
ground.

Dan & Sandy Thimgan
Otter Tail County
Battle Lake, MN