[mou] A few birds in Beltrami Co.

Pat DeWenter hoocooks4you@yahoo.com
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 13:48:01 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1186450296-1062622081=:12907

The past 3 weeks we have had a Red-bellied Woodpecker frequenting our feeders again.  We had one all summer in 2001, but none last year.

We have also had a lone Evening Grosbeak coming in occasionally.  That has become a rare sighting up here!  Years ago we used to have large flocks come to our feeders even in the summer.  Now Rose-breasted Grosbeaks are up here and nesting.  10-15 years ago we never saw a RB Grosbeak up here.  I don't know if this is a weather related phenomenon, as it seems every year more and more southern birds are finding their way northward.

Pat DeWenter
Bemidji

--0-1186450296-1062622081=:12907

<DIV>
<DIV>The past 3 weeks we have had a Red-bellied Woodpecker frequenting our feeders again.&nbsp; We had one all summer in 2001, but none last year.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>We have also had a lone Evening Grosbeak coming in occasionally.&nbsp; That has become a rare sighting up here!&nbsp; Years ago we used to have large flocks come to our feeders even in the summer.&nbsp; Now Rose-breasted Grosbeaks are up here and nesting.&nbsp; 10-15 years ago we never saw a RB Grosbeak up here.&nbsp; I don't know if this is a weather related phenomenon, as it seems every year more and more southern birds are finding their way northward.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Pat DeWenter</DIV>
<DIV>Bemidji</DIV></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>