[mou] Red-throated Loons (2) - St. Louis Co. - Park Point

M. Thomas Auer t_auer@lycos.com
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:38:10 -0500

This morning, as the rain was finally abating, I had 2 (if not 3, but I never got a bonafide look at a third) Red-throated Loons in beautiful breeding plumage off of Park Point on the Lake Superior
side, near the Aiport. I scan from the wooden boardwalk that goes out to the beach and has a platform at the peak. They were pretty much just right of straight out. Unfortunately, heat shimmer started taking over and they were getting harder to see, but they're there.

Tom Auer