[mou] MOU Winter Field Trip filled up

Michael Hendrickson smithville4@charter.net
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 14:45:20 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C3EA64.5910D390

Hello:

I sent a similar posting a month or so ago and I am still getting =
requests to participate in the MOU Winter Field Trip coming this Feb. =
14-15.

I have no fewer than 43 people coming on this field trip and I have 10 =
people on the waiting list!! I have 3 co leaders and myself. We are =
broken into two teams and each will have 2 leaders on a team. We will be =
birding the same places but at different times. We are all car pool up =
thru email and each car has a radio.

NEXT year I will organize two winter field trips for 2005 as I had no =
idea that northeastern Minnesota weather doesn't bother anyone! I have =
one guy coming in from Hawaii and have at least 4 other parties from =
other states coming along.=20

I am truelly sorry for having to do this but there is no way I could =
organize a group of 50-60 birders. If I could I would have a winter =
birding festival here in Duluth. Hmmmm nice idea.

Check out the Minnesota Ornithologist Union web site for all the up and =
coming field trips for 2004. I would try to make arrangements and reply =
to me and tell me what trip or trips you would like to attend (other =
than this winter trip) before they fill up.

Because of the large size in this field trip coming up doesn't take away =
fro seeing winter birds as many of them are at feeders or they busily =
feeding and take no notice of us while we view them. Plus all my leaders =
have experience handling large groups of birders and will make sure =
everyone sees there target species.

Thanks again

Mike Hendrickson
MOU Field Trip Chairguy
------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C3EA64.5910D390

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I sent a similar posting a month or so =
ago and I am=20
still getting requests to participate in the MOU Winter Field Trip =
coming this=20
Feb. 14-15.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have no fewer than 43 people coming =
on this field=20
trip and I have 10 people on the waiting list!! I have 3 co leaders and =
myself.=20
We are broken into two teams and each will have 2 leaders on a team. We =
will be=20
birding the same places but at different times. We are all car pool up =
thru=20
email and each car has a radio.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>NEXT year I will organize two winter =
field trips=20
for 2005 as I had no idea that northeastern Minnesota&nbsp;weather =
doesn't=20
bother anyone! I have one guy coming in from Hawaii and have at least 4 =
other=20
parties from other states coming along. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am truelly sorry for having to do =
this but there=20
is no way I could organize a group of 50-60 birders. If I could I would =
have a=20
winter birding festival here in Duluth. Hmmmm nice idea.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Check out the Minnesota Ornithologist =
Union web=20
site for all the up and coming field trips for 2004. I would try to make =

arrangements and reply to me and tell me what trip or trips you would =
like to=20
attend (other than this winter trip) before they fill up.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Because of the large size in this field =
trip coming=20
up doesn't take away fro seeing winter birds as many of them are at =
feeders or=20
they busily feeding and take no notice of us while we view them. Plus =
all my=20
leaders have experience handling large groups of birders and will make =
sure=20
everyone sees there target species.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks again</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mike Hendrickson</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>MOU Field Trip =
Chairguy</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C3EA64.5910D390--