[mou] Merlin in Detroit Lakes

Wayne_Brininger@fws.gov Wayne_Brininger@fws.gov
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:55:07 -0600

Arlene Furuseth and Dan Olson called yesterday and said they have a merlin
just outside the MN PCA office in Detroit Lakes.  The merlin has been
feeding/killing pigeons around the buildings.  Shar Legenhausen also
calledtoday  to report the same bird in the same general location.  The
bird was last seen just before noon on the west side of the PCA building
located at 714 Lake Ave. in Detroit Lakes (just one block west of
Washington Ave.) or across from Washington mall.  I drove by after work
yesterday but I wasn't able to see it.  According to the reports the best
time to see this bird is just before noon.