[mou] RFI re: Salt Lake (Lac qui Parle Co.) shorebird / waterfowl counts for IBA application

Robert_Russell@fws.gov Robert_Russell@fws.gov
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 10:37:34 -0600

Anyone that has historical (before today) counts of shorebirds, waterfowl
including grebes, pelicans, and ducks, gulls, Black Terns, and other
waterbirds and would like to contribute to the nomination of Salt Lake as
an Important Bird Area for either the South Dakota or Minnesota portions of
the lake, please send your information to me so I can tabulate the data.
You may E-mail me or send copies of the data to Bob Russell, Division of
Migratory Birds, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, 1 Federal Drive, Ft.
Snelling, MN 55111-4056.  Your contribution will be most appreciated and
will help assure continued protection for this easternmost alkaline (I
think I'm right about this?) lake in all of North America.  Thanks, Bob
Russell