[mou] Willets-Douglas County

Benjamin Fritchman fieldfare21@hotmail.com
Wed, 05 May 2004 22:20:43 -0500

I arrived at Lake Osakis and searched the place where the Ibis had been. I
found 2 Caspian Terns loafing in with the Franklin's Gulls. As I pulled back
on the road I noticed a large shorebird across the road on the lake
shoreline. I turned around and here I was treated to 3 Willets! They were
within 20 feet and kept feeding without being disturbed, I even got to see
one of them raise its wings, man that's so cool.
Later on on CR 3 just north of Osakis I found 6 Marbled Godwits, 5 Sem.
Plovers, 6 Least Sandpipers, 4 Dunlins, one Wilson's Phalarope, and several
pecs and yellowlegs.
When I got home, I was called to the deck where I sat with my mom and we
listened to a Bittern, at least 5 Soras, and one Virginia Rail. It was neat
watching the Soras flying around. Great evening to end even a greater day.

Ben Fritchman,
Long Prairie, Todd County