[mou] Wood Lake Nature Richfield, Hennepin Co.

Conny Brunell connyb@mycidco.com
Tue, 11 May 2004 11:20:13

Part of the joy of migration is that you can see the unexpected at any time, on any day, and that happened for Leslie and I at Wood Lake this morning.  We saw 3 Scarlet Tanagers, 2 males, and 1 female together in the west side woods this morning.

Both yesterday and this morning we saw these Warblers:  Golden-winged, Northern Parula, Magnolia, Wilson's, Chestnut-sided, Nashville, Black-and-white, American Redstart, Tennessee, Yellow, Yellow-rumped, Palm, Orange-crowned, Common Yellowthroat, Ovenbird, and Northern Waterthrush.  Added to that this morning were Bay-breasted, Blackpoll, and Black-throated Green Warblers and they were very steady up until 10am.

The Red-eyed, Yellow-throated, Blue-headed, and Warbling Vireo's were all out and singing.  For Thrush's still plenty of Swainson's, Gray-cheeked, and a singing Veery and Wood Thrush.  Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, and down to 1 Ruby-crowned Kinglet.  There was a group of Rose-breasted Grosbeak's that had 2 males and 4 females, and far more Baltimore Oriole's than will stay in the park, it was nice to enjoy seeing so many singing.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Cty
connyb@mycidco.com