[mou] Another Snowy Egret/Bloomington

JELLISBIRD@aol.com JELLISBIRD@aol.com
Tue, 11 May 2004 21:50:26 EDT

Saw a small white heron from the observation deck on the Peterson Pond loop
trail below the MN Valley Wildlife Refuge headquarters this evening from 7PM or
so until it hopped up onto a dead stick and showed me its yellow-gold feet.
The bird was about 2/3 the size of the five Great Egrets it was associating
with, had a bright black bill, black legs, yellow lores and an upturned-looking
tail from its plumes. The bird was visible without a scope but you need a scope
for a good I.D. It was feeding in water for the most part but will lift its
foot on occasion. The bird was against the far left (East/SouthEast) shore as
you look out from the observation deck area. (Refuge policy is established
trails only.)