[mou] Browerville Fallout

Alt, Mark Mark.Alt@bestbuy.com
Thu, 13 May 2004 11:02:07 -0500

Sounds like tons of birds seen!

Mark Alt
Manager of Project Management
Supply Chain Transformation Office
Best Buy Co., Inc.
Mark.Alt@bestbuy.com=20
(w) 612-291-6717
(Cell) 612-803-9085
-----Original Message-----
From: mou-net-admin@cbs.umn.edu [mailto:mou-net-admin@cbs.umn.edu] On
Behalf Of Benjamin Fritchman
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2004 10:10 AM
To: mou-net@cbs.umn.edu
Subject: [mou] Browerville Fallout

Yesterday I got out of track practice early, so I headed to the
Browerville=20
Sewage Ponds. A storm had gone through very early that morning. I got
there=20
and the warblers made me stop half way up the road to the ponds. The=20
warblers were thick, covering the gravel road in front of me. There was
a=20
group of 20 Yellow Warblers in with the Yellow-rumps on the road.
Then I noticed the Kingbirds, they lined the wires, covered the rocks
and=20
sat on the side of the road, and all over the building, it was just
constant=20
movement as thousands of swallows filled the air with the warblers, then
the=20
Tanagers showed up, lining the pine tree branches. I finally made my way
up=20
to the ponds where I was totally surprised. If anyone knows anything
about=20
these ponds, they aren't too great for shorebirds, maybe a spotted or 2
and=20
a few Yellowlegs, you can also basically see only one pond.
But when I got to the edge and looked down I witnessed a mass of black.
The=20
shorebirds were thick! They lined the near shore, 5 deep from the shore
all=20
the way down the shore. I counted close to 700 indidviduals, all on this
one=20
side of the pond.
There were 13 species, involving
11 Long-billed Dowitchers