[mou] RE: [mnbird] Bell's Vireo - Wabasha County

Dunnette, Joel H. jdunnette@mayo.edu
Mon, 17 May 2004 09:01:33 -0500

As part of the Great River Birding Festival I led a group through that area, and around that pond/thicket on Sunday at about 11am.  We did not know about the Bell's Vireo sighting.  But I have seen/heard them in that general area in past years, so I was primed.
Anyway, our group circled that area and birded pretty thoroughly and did not hear or see the Bell's.  But there are quite a few likely spots in McCarthy Lake WMA, so it is still quite likely one or more will stay.

We did not find the Lark Sparrows in that area, but did find 3 in the SNA just to the east.

Joel Dunnette