[mou] their first birdathon

TeamVagrant@aol.com TeamVagrant@aol.com
Sun, 23 May 2004 22:30:41 EDT

--part1_be.d6fcb89.2de2b851_boundary

The wind and the rain and the cold and the wet did not slow down the boys at
all for their first birdathon.  We had a number of highlights that made them
start talking about next year all ready. The Sharptail grouse and Sandhill
crane were just a couple, but the warblers really got to Hazen (12).  The
expletive he used when he saw his first Redstart helped me see he was really enjoying
this cold day.  I wonder what he would have said had the bird been in the
bright noonday sun.  Hudson (9) enjoyed the shorebirds and the Coot "catching
flight" right next to us.  (I'm a bit worried about that boy.)  All three of us
had a great day which was topped off with the Piping Plovers and Red throated
Loon -- thanks to John, Bob, Jake and Ben for the tip.  For me it was the wave
of Bay-breasted warblers that surrounded us for about 5 minutes when the rain
let up for a spell.  I take that back... did I tell you I spent the day birding
with my boys?...

Chris Elmgren
Duluth

--part1_be.d6fcb89.2de2b851_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#ffffff"><FONT  BA=
CK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMI=
LY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">The wind and the rain and the col=
d and the wet did not slow down the boys at all for their first birdathon.&n=
bsp; We had a number of highlights that made them start talking about next y=
ear all ready. The Sharptail grouse and Sandhill crane were just a couple, b=
ut the warblers really got to Hazen (12).&nbsp; The expletive he used when h=
e saw his first Redstart helped me see he was really enjoying this cold day.=
&nbsp; I wonder what he would have said had the bird been in the bright noon=
day sun.&nbsp; Hudson (9) enjoyed the shorebirds and the Coot "catching flig=
ht" right next to us.&nbsp; (I'm a bit worried about that boy.)&nbsp; All th=
ree of us had a great day which was topped off with the Piping Plovers and R=
ed throated Loon -- thanks to John, Bob, Jake and Ben for the tip.&nbsp; For=
 me it was the wave of Bay-breasted warblers that surrounded us for about 5=20=
minutes when the rain let up for a spell.&nbsp; I take that back... did I te=
ll you I spent the day birding with my boys?...<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
>Chris Elmgren<BR>
Duluth<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D1 PTSIZE=3D8 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">=
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_be.d6fcb89.2de2b851_boundary--