[mou] Connecticut in Washington Co.

Hagsela@aol.com Hagsela@aol.com
Wed, 26 May 2004 16:37:25 EDT

I birded Lake Elmo Park today and was rewarded with a gorgeous, up-close look
at my 1st ever Connecticut Warbler.  It flushed from the ground on the west
side of Eagle Pt. Lake (along Trail A where there are stands of oak between the
path and the lake, and grassland to the west) and perched in a window low to
the ground about 30 feet from my position.  I was able to watch it watch me
for over a minute and saw clearly the white eye rings, gray head and throat and
yellow belly.  Wow!
Also had some straggling warblers:
Chestnut-sided, male
Blackpolls (several throughout the park)
Magnolia
Yellow-rumped (only one!)
Palm
American Redstart
Common Yellowthroat
Yellow

Lots of nonvocalizing empids (one least flycatcher called) and vireos.

Linda Sparling
Hennepin Co.