[mou] Possible fall out conditions

Michael Hendrickson smithville4@charter.net
Wed, 26 May 2004 15:57:53 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C4433A.34054020

I was looking at the weather forecast and they are calling for =
thunderstorms and rain after midnight and into the morning. The winds =
are from the south and they will remain fro the south thru Thursday. So =
I figure the lake is very cold and a warm front with rain will create =
fog and I been noticing many passerines and shorebirds were moving along =
Park Pt. and if this rain comes it could slow down migration and by =
morning the migrants will be grounded in by fog. So Thursday morning =
could be a small fall out or a good one! I know this prediction is as =
good as your neighborhood bookie on a "sure thing" but I am hoping my =
prediction comes true. Duluth hasn't had a good old fall out in years =
and seeing one again would be fun.=20

I was this morning at Park Pt. and did not see any Red-throated loons =
nor Pacific Loons. I did see large groups of immature Bonaparte Gulls =
and terns. There were some shorebirds. A Black-bellied Plover, A =
Semi-palmated Plover, Ruddy Turnstones and some Sanderlings.=20

Mike Hendrickson
Duluth, Mn
------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C4433A.34054020

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I was looking at the weather forecast =
and they are=20
calling for thunderstorms and rain after midnight and into the morning. =
The=20
winds are from the south and they will remain fro the south thru =
Thursday. So I=20
figure the lake is very cold and a warm front with rain will create fog =
and I=20
been noticing many passerines and shorebirds were moving along Park Pt. =
and if=20
this rain comes it could slow down migration and by morning the migrants =
will be=20
grounded in by fog. So Thursday morning could be a small fall out or a =
good one!=20
I know this prediction is as good as your neighborhood bookie on a "sure =
thing"=20
but I am hoping my prediction comes true. Duluth hasn't had a good old =
fall out=20
in years and seeing one again would be fun. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I was this morning at Park Pt. and did =
not see any=20
Red-throated loons nor Pacific Loons. I did see large groups of immature =

Bonaparte Gulls and terns. There were some shorebirds. A Black-bellied =
Plover, A=20
Semi-palmated Plover, Ruddy Turnstones and some Sanderlings. =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mike Hendrickson</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Duluth, Mn</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C4433A.34054020--