[mou] Black Throated Blue Warbler, Redheaded Woodpecker Cook County

Dory Spence dory21@juno.com
Thu, 27 May 2004 19:09:30 -0500

Today a friend and I took our annual wild flower hike to Oberg Mountain
It was very cloudy even sprinkled a little. The wild flowers were
spectacular and imagine the fun of looking at Blackburnian Warblers on
the ground, also Magnolias 5 or 6 of them,also on the ground and in low
bushes. singing in many places were N. Parulas,Black Throated Blue
Warblers and one appeared in a low Maple sapling. Also Oven Birds all
around,and BlackThroated Green Warblers.
We were surprised to see a Red Headed Woodpecker fly by and land in a
tree near us.
Last but not least a Moose with furry rack appeared on the trail 30feet
ahead of us as we were busy with birds and wildflowers
Dory Spence
Cook County

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!