[mou] Cattle Egret, Jackson County

Dedrick Benz benzdedrick@hotmail.com
Thu, 27 May 2004 23:48:11 +0000

On my way back from Colorado, I birded Rock, Nobles, and Jackson Counties a
tad on Thursday 5/27.

ROCK:

Got my Blue Grosbeak this time a short way down the Burr Oak Trail at Blue
Mounds State Park, but no sign of the Mockingbird I saw on 5/17; N.
Mockingbird has attempted nesting at the park in the past, and I was hoping
this guy would stick around to do the same.

NOBLES:

I know, I know, Nobles?  I actually found it tolerably birdable as I took
the scenic route from Blue Mounds to Grover's Lake.

Upland Sandpiper
Western Kingbird
Black-bellied Plover
Baird's Sandpiper
Red-headed Woodpecker

JACKSON:

Cattle Egret - Where CR 4 goes east from 86, take 4 to the east for about
250 yards (or 50 yds past the fence that runs south from 4).  The bird was
about 50-100 yds. south of 4.

I didn't find any Great-tailed Grackles at 86 & 4, or at Grover's Lake, but
I didn't spend a lot of time.

Dedrick Benz
Winona, MN