[mou] Touch the Sky Prairie

SFbirdclub@aol.com SFbirdclub@aol.com
Sat, 29 May 2004 16:51:10 EDT

I got a few questions RE: Touch the Sky. I should have mentioned earlier that
Touch the Sky is a wonderful bird (and wildflower) site just NW of Blue
Mounds Main Entrance turnoff from Rte. 75.

Touch the Sky Prairie is a new addition (maybe 2 years?) to the National
Wildlife Refuge System. Jim Brandenberg of Luverne, MN, fame either funded it (in
part or whole) or worked hard to achieve it somehow. I don't honestly know the
details.

Info about it is at the Brandenberg Gallery in Luverne. A wonderful place.
And one can purchase photos of Jim's home grounds around Blue Mounds at the
Gallery that are not available elsewhere. Have lunch at the Coffey Haus down the
street. Sue is the best.

Doug Chapman
Sioux Falls, SD