[mou] Hawk-Owl nest photos

Terence Brashear birdnird@yahoo.com
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:21:55 -0700 (PDT)

It's great that Mike Hendrickson and Tom Auer were
able to relocate the nest site, but I want to make
sure that credit is given to Mike Dazenbaker for the
initial find.  Mike has been out in Sax Zim probably
as much as the locals this winter.  Mike Dazenbaker
posted a beautiful image of a pair together on
Naturescapes.net.  This image was from mid to early
march.

Mike actually made reference to the NOHO's in his post
from the 19th of March:

"mike danzenbaker" <jm_danzenbaker_alt@yahoo.com>
To: mou-net@cbs.umn.edu
Subject: [mou] Spring in Aitkin & St. Louis Cnties
Sat, 19 Mar 2005 04:27:54 -0800 (PST)
-SNIP-

In Sax-Zim, N Hawk-Owls have actually paired off and
are showing signs of courtship, and quite a lot of
vocalizing."

Mike sent me a note about this occuring, but I chose
to not disclose a nest location.

Let's use common sense and hopefully these owls will
be successful.

Regards,

Terry

--- Jim Williams <two-jays@att.net> wrote:
> Photos of the recently discovered Northern Hawk-Owl
> nest site in
> Sax-Zim and notes from observation of the site can
> be found at Mike
> Hendrickson's web site:
> http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/
>
> Jim Williams