[mou] Horned Grebe at Black Dog

James Mattsson mattjim@earthlink.net
Wed, 28 Dec 2005 10:15:25 -0600

------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

Yesterday, 12/27/05, I photographed a basic Horned Grebe at the far east end of the west lake at Black Dog. This is the general location where an Eared Grebe has been reported sporadically since Dec. 7th. My digiscoped photos clearly show, among other key features, a white tip to the bill, typical of Horned and not Eared Grebe. Because the presence of Eared Grebe in winter is very rare in Minnesota, I encourage observers to submit a Request for Documentation to MOURC.

Jim
Eagan
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

<HTML style="FONT-SIZE: small; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman"><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1251">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2802" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P>
<DIV>Yesterday, 12/27/05, I photographed a basic Horned Grebe at the far east end of the west lake at Black Dog. This is the general location where an Eared Grebe has been reported sporadically since Dec. 7th. My digiscoped photos clearly show, among other key features, a white tip to the bill, typical of Horned and not Eared Grebe. Because the presence of Eared Grebe in winter is very rare in Minnesota, I encourage observers to submit a Request for Documentation to MOURC. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jim</DIV>
<DIV>Eagan</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>