[mou] Snowy Owl at Airport

Mike Hendrickson smithville4@charter.net
Sat, 5 Feb 2005 19:17:26 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C50BB7.53B097D0

Tonight around 5:30pm the female/imm Snowy Owl was seen on the west =
fence line.  There were two groups viewing this owl from the shoulders. =
A total of at least 4 cars on the east bound lane and 3 cars on the west =
bound lane of Air Port Approach Road.

*** The Airport Security truck drove by all of us at least 4 times and =
did not ask us to leave or even stop to chat with us to see what we were =
doing. That is a good sign from what I read from 1-2 other encounters =
from other birders that came here to find the Snowy Owl.

The place to stay away from is any road that exits off Airport Approach =
Rd. These roads are private roads and especially stay away from the air =
traffic control tower parking lot.  So if you were traveling north of =
Duluth on Hwy.53 you will come to the Stebner Rd. stoplights. Take a =
right here and Stebner Rd. crosses Swan Lake Rd and changes its name to =
Airport Approach Rd. This road has shoulders on each side of the road. =
The Snowy Owl is mostly found along the fencelines on the south side of =
Airport Approach Road.

On week days there is a shift change around 4-5:30pm at the Cirrus =
Design . The traffic is busy and if you try to look for the owl on a =
week day make sure you keep your car way off the road and with the =
flashers on.  The best times to look for the snowy owl is around =
4:30-5:30pm and if you venture this way, park on the shoulder with your =
flashers on. Keep off the road and stay near your car.

I waved at the security officer as a friendly gesture and he waved back.

Mike Hendrickson
Duluth

Michael Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota
Minnesota Birding Treks
http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/
------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C50BB7.53B097D0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Tonight around 5:30pm the =
female/imm=20
Snowy Owl was seen on the west fence line.&nbsp; There were two groups =
viewing=20
this owl from the shoulders. A total of at least&nbsp;4 cars on the east =
bound=20
lane and 3 cars on the west bound lane of Air Port Approach =
Road.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>*** The Airport Security =
truck drove by=20
all of us at least 4 times and did not ask us to leave or even stop to =
chat with=20
us to see what we were doing. That is a good sign from what I read from =
1-2=20
other encounters from other birders that came here to find the Snowy=20
Owl.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>The place to stay away from =
is any road=20
that exits off Airport Approach Rd. These roads are private roads and =
especially=20
stay away from the air traffic control tower parking lot.&nbsp; So if =
you were=20
traveling north of Duluth on Hwy.53 you will come to the Stebner Rd. =
stoplights.=20
Take a right here and Stebner Rd. crosses Swan Lake Rd and changes its =
name to=20
Airport Approach Rd. This road has shoulders on each side of the road. =
The Snowy=20
Owl is mostly found along the fencelines on the south side of Airport =
Approach=20
Road.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>On week days there is a shift =
change=20
around 4-5:30pm at the Cirrus Design . The traffic is busy and if you =
try to=20
look for the owl on a week day make sure you keep your car way off the =
road and=20
with the flashers on.&nbsp; The best times to look for the snowy owl is =
around=20
4:30-5:30pm and if you venture this way, park on the shoulder with your =
flashers=20
on. Keep off the road and stay near your car.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>I waved at the security =
officer as a=20
friendly gesture and he waved back.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Mike Hendrickson</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Duluth</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Michael =
Hendrickson<BR>Duluth,=20
Minnesota<BR>Minnesota Birding Treks<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/">http://webpages.chart=
er.net/mmhendrickson/</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C50BB7.53B097D0--