[mou] Volunteers needed for State Fair booth

rdunlap@gac.edu rdunlap@gac.edu
Wed, 6 Jul 2005 13:38:15 -0500

To all MOU members:

It's that time of year again when MOU members can share their expertise with
others.  The MOU booth will be up and running again at this year's state fair.
The fair begins on Thursday, August 25 and runs through Labor Day on Monday,
September 5.  As in past years, there are three shifts on each day, with two
people working each shift:

Morning: 9 am to 1 pm
Afternoon: 1 pm to 5 pm
Evening: 5pm to 9 pm

The MOU booth provides a way to share our birding passion with the public.
Fairgoers are always interested in the information we have to give.  From the
feedback I got from last year's volunteers, it sounds like everyone had a great
time. There were many good questions and even more good answers.  I can expect
no less for this year's fair.  Also, the location of the booth provides an
excellent chance to people-watch and listen to the various bands playing on the
stage opposite our location. You're bound to have fun!

So, to all MOU members interested, please let me know what shift on what day you
would like to volunteer at the booth.  Either email me at rdunlap@gac.edu or
call me at 952-250-2271. Volunteers will receive additional emails and material
in the mail in the weeks prior to the fair. I will continue to post messages to
this listserve as the schedule needs to be filled. Thanks and continue to enjoy
the summer!

Bob Dunlap
MOU State Fair Booth Committee Chairman