[mou] White-winged Dove!!!

Josh Watson jwkinglet@yahoo.com
Sun, 10 Jul 2005 16:40:06 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1077385169-1121038806=:61998

Hello All,

I just had an adult white-winged dove in my front yard less than five minutes ago. I had ridden up with my next door nieghbor when he spotted it foraging in the short weedy grass between our horse pen and my mom and sisters riding arena. It then flew into a large birch tree up a hill a little ways where is is relativaly open with low thick shrubs. Two years ago I found one along CR-7 in Cook County with John and Chris Hockema on July 5th, 03. I saw this bird quite well containing the same overall body color as a mourning dove but with obvious and distinctive white along the bottom edge of each wing. it had a black tick mark on each cheek and a very distinctive blue eye ring. it sat for ten to fifteen minutes before taking off, I was able to see the large white patches clearly as it flew aways before dissapearing on the back of our forty acres. It may stick around and if I see it again I will post. Good birding,

Josh Watson
Grand Marais

ps.
if anyone is interested in coming up and looking I will post my home phone number and I'll give you directions, it is (218)-387-1484.

http://mail.yahoo.com
--0-1077385169-1121038806=:61998

<DIV>Hello All,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I just had an adult white-winged dove in my front yard less than five minutes ago. I had ridden up with my next door nieghbor when he spotted it foraging in the short weedy grass between our horse pen and my mom and sisters riding arena. It then flew into a large birch tree up a hill a little ways where is is relativaly open with low thick shrubs. Two years ago I found one along CR-7 in Cook County with John and Chris Hockema on July 5th, 03. I saw this bird quite well containing the same overall body color as a mourning dove but with obvious and distinctive white along the bottom edge of each wing. it had a black tick mark on each cheek and a very distinctive blue eye ring. it sat for ten to fifteen minutes before taking off, I was able to see the large white patches clearly as it flew aways before dissapearing on the back of our forty acres. It may stick around and if I see it again I will post. Good birding,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Josh Watson</DIV>
<DIV>Grand Marais</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>