[mou] Sax Zim happenings

sharonks@mn.rr.com sharonks@mn.rr.com
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 16:48:42 -0500

As someone who has been attending the meetings I can say that one of the
big issues being addressed is the misconception about logging.  Some of
the trees had to be taken down due to exotic insect infestation.  The
infested trees were removed to prevent the whole area being from losing
trees.

Another thing is that we are trying to find a way to work with locals so
they won't get so angry at birders.  Some feel that it's a huge invasion
of privacy having people stop in front of their homes with scopes and
cameras to look at their bird feeders.  Though the law may be on the
birder's side in this, it's not necessarily the neighborly thing to do.

So far things are moving in a very positive direction and I am excited
for the birding potential that will grow in this area.

Sharon Stiteler
Minneapolis, MN
www.birdchick.com