[Fwd: Re: [mou] finding mou money for owl rehab]

Ann and Manley Olson a_molson@unidial.com
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:39:02 -0600

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [mou] finding mou money for owl rehab
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:33:13 -0600
From: Ann and Manley Olson <a_molson@unidial.com>
To: Jim Williams <two-jays@att.net>

  I think that Jim's suggestions are great. Posting the listing
supplement on the MOU web site is not only a money saver, but it would
make it available to more birders.

The idea of not having color covers for the Loon and Newsletter  is also
a good one. The logical birds for upcoming covers are Great Gray Owl and
Hawk Owl, birds that lend themselves to black and white. There are also
many other Minnesota birds whose portrayal would be authentic and
attractive without color.

While I am sure that many MOU members would support these proposals, the
decisions belong to the board and the editors. Having served on various
boards, including many years on the MOU board, I know that not all good
ideas can be implemented. However I join Jim in urging the board to give
these suggestions careful consideration.

I also support proposals that all of us who saw owls make a contribution
in recognition of the thrills and enjoyment the birds have given us. Ann
and I are members of the Raptor Center but we are making an additional
gift. When I see the magnitude of the spending reported by owl seekers
and the number of trips some have made, I think that most of us can
afford to Give A Hoot and help support the Raptor Center in this work.
Manley Olson