[mou] Yellow rumps Roseville - Central Park; and Carlos Avery

Ann Kirn a.t.kirn@comcast.net
Thu, 05 May 2005 05:47:09 -0500

Yesterday (May 4) late afternoon at Roseville's Central Park, I saw three
yellow rump warblers. They were about 15 feet up in elm trees north of the
lake between the bike and walking paths. There was a large reddish boulder
around in the western portion of the area. They really seemed to prefer what
looked like elm trees.

We also saw no fewer than 10 yellow rumps on Monday in Carlos Avery. It was
gray, cold and cloudy on Monday, so you can imagine the joyful brilliance of
the yellow markings as they crossed the road around us. We had spotted one,
stopped the car and hopped out and the little group gradually moved by us
one by one to the other side of the road from South to North.  Also saw
immature Sandhill Cranes at Carlos Avery, feeding in a marsh close to the
road that looked as if it had been recently burned.