[mou] Car Rental Insurance - Good thing?

Ron Green rongreen@charter.net
Fri, 13 May 2005 19:59:19 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_00BD_01C557F6.3FB7AB20

Many have responded to my email inquiring about travel suggestions when =
I head to Maine on a photography trip. Thank you to all who responded =
and your wonderful suggestions. I would like to ask one more question =
about the car rental and insurance and obtain your opinions on the =
following that I was told by a local travel agent who owns a very =
successful travel agency. Here is what she said:

"Most Minnesota auto policies include comprehensive coverage that covers =
us to drive rentals. You should contact your insurance person to inquire =
about that coverage. The coverage offered by the car rental companies =
tends to double the cost of the rental and I would not advise taking it. =
They may try to strong-arm you by saying that you would be responsible =
for charges and would have to pay and be reimbursed by insurance - and =
everything I have heard is to the contrary. You would file a claim with =
your insurance company.  If there is not a representative in the local =
area, you just need to get all the paperwork of the incident to assist =
your agent in working=20
the claim."

Is she right, or should I purchase their insurance coverage for the 8 =
days I will be there? I would be most grateful for your opinions. Thank =
you.

Ron Green
http://www.greensphotoimages.com/gallery
------=_NextPart_000_00BD_01C557F6.3FB7AB20

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Many have responded to my email =
inquiring about=20
travel suggestions when I head to Maine on a photography trip. Thank you =
to all=20
who responded and your wonderful suggestions. I would like to ask one=20
more&nbsp;question about the car rental and insurance and obtain your =
opinions=20
on the following that I was told by a local travel agent who owns a very =

successful travel agency. Here is what she said:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial>"Most Minnesota auto policies =
include=20
comprehensive coverage that covers us to drive rentals.</FONT><FONT=20
face=3DArial>&nbsp;</FONT></FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You should =
contact your=20
insurance person to inquire about that coverage. The coverage=20
offered</FONT><FONT size=3D3> </FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>by the =
car rental=20
companies tends to double the cost of the rental and I would not advise=20
taking</FONT><FONT size=3D3> </FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>it.&nbsp;They may try=20
to strong-arm you by saying that you would be responsible for charges=20
and</FONT><FONT size=3D3> </FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>would have =
to pay and be=20
reimbursed by insurance - and everything I have heard is to the =
contrary. You=20
would file a claim with your insurance company. &nbsp;If there is not a=20
representative in</FONT><FONT size=3D3> </FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>the local=20
area, you just need to get all the paperwork of the incident to assist =
your=20
agent in working</FONT><FONT size=3D3> </FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2><BR>the=20
claim."</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Is she right, or should I purchase =
their insurance=20
coverage for the 8 days I will be there? I would be most grateful for =
your=20
opinions. Thank you.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ron Green<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.greensphotoimages.com/gallery">http://www.greensphotoi=
mages.com/gallery</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00BD_01C557F6.3FB7AB20--